Literatimommy

Friday, June 22, 2007

Tefertiller Tribe

As many of you know, I grew up in a small town north of Fort Worth. I am proud to be able to tell you about what two people from that town are doing. Shelly and Aaron (Shelly is the daugther of my high school Pal teacher, Aaron was the son of my high school government teacher) married shortly after high school. They have three children and one on the way. Their lives sound busy, but typical, right? Well, they have answered God's call and decided to be missionaries to Africa, mainly working on converting a nomadic, Islamic tribe. I think Shelly and Aaron are amazing in their obedience to God's call. I have a hard time just keeping my house clean and my two kids clothed and happy. But, they are headed to Africa! They are seeking funds: they need approximately 40 thousand dollars to pay for their mission and their lives once they are in Africa. Shelly asks first for prayers (she is wise beyond her years!), and secondly, for donations to help them. I am including a link to her blog. Mike and I, and my parents have agreed to donate what we can, so if you think you can donate any amount, even like five or ten dollars, that would be so helpful.
Here is a link to her blog!
www.tefertillertribe.blogspot.com
And, if anything, first and foremost please keep them in your prayers. I know her mother (my favorite teacher of all time, and a person whom I greatly admire) would appreciate your prayers for safety as they prepare to go to Africa to reach people there. I try to imagine Molly headed off to Africa for Christ's cause, and I would be proud but oh so scared, too. You all know I believe fervently in the power of prayer, so please lift them up!

2 Comments:

Blogger Margaret K said...

What amazing people! I can't even imagine doing that, much less with four kids in tow.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Lisa Renee said...

Wow, that is great. We will see what we can do about that. BTW, whats the news about Jack? E-mail me if you get time.

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home