Literatimommy

Saturday, October 25, 2008

A Quick Update

Last Saturday, Mike's grandfather died at 93. We travelled to Houston to attend the funeral. It was a sad time. Mike's dad is around 70; I can't imagine losing someone you've know for seventy years. Of course, he handled it with grace and dignity. It was actually nice to be with his fam., and to spend time with Myles and Lisa, both of whom I totally adore. The kiddos loved being with grammy whammy, so that was nice, too. We got back Wednesday at 3, and I had to teach at 6 p.m. Then, it was school on Thursday and Friday. I have been totally exhausted from all of the travel and kid managing. Mike took the kids today to Granbury so I could get some more work done on my prospectus, which must be accepted before I can begin my thesis work. Please pray for me right now: it is more stressful than I thought. Max was at my parents, so that means Molly and Jack got to play with their cousin, whom they adore. Last night we decorated jack olanters, and we are hoping they don't get smashed before Halloween. I will post pics later.

7 Comments:

Blogger debrabain@sbcglobal.net said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:27 PM  
Blogger debrabain@sbcglobal.net said...

It's really sad for Mike & Paul - I really liked his Father. It's hard losing a loved one - but when it's time it's easier because you don't want them suffering anymore. As far as your paper - QUIT STRESSING - you know you are a genius - it's a cake walk for you - enjoy the ride!!!! I love you!

7:27 PM  
Blogger bettysue said...

It's just too bad that you aren't with the babies and enjoying their fun too. I know how important your paper is (I think I do), but it all works out in the end! Don't forget to smell the roses!!

8:09 PM  
Blogger bettysue said...

Wait, I forgot, I'm so so sorry about Mike's grandpa. If he was anything like Mike, or had any influence on Mike, he was a great man!

8:10 PM  
Blogger Pearson Family said...

Jodi, I am so sorry about Mike's grandad. Let me know what I can do to help take off some stress! Playdate at the park atleast!

8:54 PM  
Blogger Lisa Renee said...

So sorry to hear about Mike's grandfather. Girl, just reading that week makes me tired. Hope you were able to get a little rest at some point. Tylenol PM, its my friend. I am definately saying some prayers about your prospectus.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Nicole B said...

yikes! life sounds stressful right now! hang in there...it always gets better. Please send my condelences to Mike...

6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home