Literatimommy

Friday, March 05, 2010

Sad, But Trying To Be Happy

My friend Jenny's death has left me very sad. Sad for my friend Paige, who still adores Jenny and will miss her forever. Sad for Malaya and David, her daughter and her husband. Sad for her brothers, two ministers whose faith is being tested in a real way, and sad for her mom and dad, who lost a beloved daughter too soon. I am struggling with my faith, too. How can God say no to so many prayers? I am trying to be positive, to just admit to God I am sad and feel distant from him right now. He understands. He is with me anyway, I'm sure. In an effort to feel happy again, I am going to blog and blog about my favorite things ever!

Favorite Food:
Pecan Pancakes with way too much syrup
Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches on whole wheat bread
Potato Chips
Raw Cookie Dough

Favorite drinks:
Coffee: soy misto with 1 splenda
Green tea with splenda
Vodka Martini with three olives
Corona Light

Favorite Smokes:
Clove cigarettes...it's been at least a decade, still that sweet clove smell is one of my favs.

Fav. Songs
Warren Zevon's Werewolves of London...it makes me smile wherever I am
George Strait's You Look So Good In Love
Jimmy Buffett's Last Mango in Paris
Church Song: There's a Stirring

Fav. Clothes
Banana Republic

Fav. Vacation Spots
Mexico
Beaches
Disneyworld

Fav. thing to do
Nothing at all. Zoning out completely

Fav. TV Shows
Amazing Race
Modern Family
Talk Soup

Fav. Movies
Vacation movies
Sound of Music

Fav. Books
Vampire Books, any kind except Twilight
Borderlands by Anzaldua
Blue Jay's Dance by Erdrich
The Catcher in the Rye by Salinger

Fav. Scripture
In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was
God. In him, all things were made. John 1
My Father's House has many rooms. If that were not true, Would I have told you I was going to prepare a place for you? John 14

Fav. Biblical Characters
The Woman at the Well, The Adulteress Woman, Martha and Mary.

Fav. Poet
Yeats

2 Comments:

Blogger debrabain@sbcglobal.net said...

Oh Jodi, I'm sorry your friend died too, and....I'm thankful for you haveing such a loving heart, and...I'm glad God sent you to grow up w/me....

12:25 PM  
Blogger Margaret K said...

I know what you mean...sad for all of them, too. Jenny and I weren't close, but she made such an impact on my life.

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home