Literatimommy

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Breadstick of Doom and Gloom for Dieters

I've been dieting lately, trying to squirm back into those size tens and shed the extra baby pounds (baby pounds, which is code for weight gained while binging like crazy during the wee hours of the morning as I tried to console an irritible baby). My wonderful husband created a spreadsheet (at my request, ladies...) to calculate my calories. Did you know how many calories each breadstick from pizza hut has? Just the breadsticks, sans cheese. These dry, albiet yummy concoctions dipped in marinara sauce have 270 calories each! That is more calories that one slice of thin and crispy pizza with hamburger topping! Before I knew this, I managed to eat four plus two slices of pizza. Yikes! So, although breadsticks sound like they would be good for you, an innocent little addition to a healthy salad or a supplement to your slice of pizza, BEWARE! You could eat a whole slice of hand tossed pizza with canadian bacon for exactly the same calories. Now, on to the treadmill where I will have to walk at a medium pace for at least 4 hours to burn off those calories. And if you are ever so inclined, pizza hut has an excellent website which calculates the calories and fat of the pizza one scarfs down while trying to eat before someone needs a diaper changed, a drink, a napkin, out of their high chair, a dvd turned on, pants off, ect.

2 Comments:

Blogger astromack33 said...

You are doing great and looking great too! I am glad you think the spreadsheet helps.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I will remember this next time I eat a bag of crazy bread on the way home from picking up Little Caesar's pizza! Thanks again for the ebay tips today and lunch!

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home