Literatimommy

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Thirteen Random Numbers

1. 63 number of points my cholesterol has dropped since I began taking Lipitor. 0 number of points it dropped when I tried diet and exercise. I still have to up my dose to try to reduce it more. it was 278! Now it is 215. It needs to be under 200.
2. 15 number of hours I will have towards an MA in English after this semester (if I get credit for this class).
3. 2 number of children I have, Jack and Molly
4. 10 number of years I will have been married to my best friend this January 4th.
5. 11 number of pounds I have lost since last March.
6. 100 (at least) number of times I have wished for a part time job, providing Jackson and Molly would go willingly and happily into an excellent Montessori school while I worked at something English/language arts related. 100 (at least) times I have thanked God for the opportunity to stay home with my kids. (I know, it sounds a little contradictory. I must allow myself the chance to be contradictory!)
7. 1 number of times I went to the beach last year :(
8. 7 number of years I spent teaching in public education.
9. 1 number of siblings I have; 2 if you count an excellent, sweet sister in law.
10. 2 number of times I cried today because Molly was crying nonstop and yelling at me all day!
11. 2 number of times I cracked up laughing at something the kids did: When I asked Jackson what made him so sweet, he said, I don't know, but I am a sweet boy. Now buy me a truck. When Molly was crying, I looked back and she was actually laughing at me at the same time. (Referring to number 6, at least we know where she gets her contradictory nature!)
12. 32 inch waist: according to Oprah, the size that your waist should be. (I am a bit off of this target!)
13. 1 number of saviors it took to ensure I get to go to heaven; a happy, happy thought!

6 Comments:

Blogger jenny biz said...

You are so creative!! You are such a cool person:)

7:42 PM  
Blogger Pearson Family said...

VERY VERY CREATIVE! If you need to ship Molly down to play at the Pearson house, do it! Give yourself a little break.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Lisa Renee said...

Love that. I watched Oprah by chance yesterday too.....very interesting all that doctor had to say. I am actually contemplating buying his book. Did you see it when Bill O'Reilly was on last week? I was curious to your thoughts on that if you had. BTW, I second that first comment, you really are a cool person.

8:30 AM  
Blogger Amy C said...

I have started taking grape seed extract to lower my cholesterol, I am fixing to get a blood test, I will let you know how that goes. My dads friends swear by this Juice Plus product. Some have even gotten off cholesterol lowering drugs in favor of this alone.

9:01 AM  
Blogger 1literatimommy said...

I didn't get to see the O'Reilly episode. I usually like what he has to say. He seems to have a good balance of political ideas, although sometimes he comes off as rude and boorish. I do believe he tries to be honest about himself and with himself.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Margaret K said...

Try soy products and flaxseed meal. I am using flaxseed for other reasons, but I have read it is great for lowering cholesterol. I mix it in oatmeal.

I like your list. Good thoughts!

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home