Literatimommy

Friday, October 13, 2006

Thank God for Great Husbands!

Mike took the kids tonight and I got to go to Starbucks to read and drink a decaf tea! YEAH! It was so relaxing. He did bedtime all by himself! Thanks, Mike. And, on a separate but similar note, I was wondering what you girls think of this: Mike has offered to take the kiddos to Winters to see his parents without me, and I should be jumping for joy, but instead I am sad and wanting to cry to think about being in the house without them. Isn't this crazy? Please tell me that I should be joyful at the thought of getting work done for school, and not worried and sad about how lonely for them I'll be. And worried about how they'll be lonely without me. I need some advice. I am having a really hard time letting them go away from me. I worry that something will happen to them, that they'll be miserable or worse. I KNOW in my heart that they need to be around others, but it is painful for me to relinquish control. Do any of you ever feel this way? What do you do about it?

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah for Mike! I've only been away from the kids and Scott a few times when I've actually gone somewhere. I've never been in the house alone. My first thought is the same as yours. My second is that you would probably feel quite refreshed and renewed after some down time. You didn't say how long they would be gone?

8:53 PM  
Blogger Lisa Renee said...

I totally ditto Kelli's comment. Trent surprised me with a carribean cruise around the holidays and instead of being excited, that was the first thing I thought of! Its ten days including the flights to the departure spots, Olivia will be just over a year old and I have never spent a night away from her! I think you should go with it and know that your friends who relate to you on it will be praying about it and for you every day of it. ALso, on your last post.....I have often thought that same thing about weight on that particular sin. I have a dear friend, whom you know, that I get defensive for on this issue. That book sounds very interesting, is there a movie yet? Ha ;)

9:41 PM  
Blogger Amy C said...

It is nice to truly miss them sometimes. I think it makes you appreciate them much more, and it is a great time for them to bond with dad. I think it is good for all. It can be really hard too, but you will make it, after all, they are with dad! I say, tell him thank you and give him a big hug and kiss. What a man!

4:22 PM  
Blogger Margaret K said...

I totally understand how you feel. My first time away from Patrick he was 2 and I went to Boston for a long weekend to see friends. It was great! It is definitely hard to relinquish control. I am such a worrier. Just know that Mike loves them as much as you and won't dare let them out of his sight. How wonderful that you can have some alone time. Enjoy the silence.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Pearson Family said...

I hate this. I have checked your blog over and over, and I have now missed 3 posts. Crazy. Glad to see the updates. Did you go?

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home