Literatimommy

Friday, January 18, 2008

An Amazing Faith

Are you familiar with Ethan Powell's blog? He is a one year old who was diagnosed with leukemia when he was two months old. His parents have a dogged faith that God will heal him. I have been reading his blog with worry, dismay and awe. I have wondered, Will God heal baby Ethan? Molly Ann and I have prayed for his parents and for God to heal Ethan completely of leukemia. It has created in me quite a delima. I know that God has the power to do whatever he wants, in this world and beyond. But, it doesn't mean that he will. In fact, sometimes, despite our best prayers, he does not heal, or his hand may not be visible in a situation. However, throughout the ups and downs, his parents have clung to their faith that God has the power to heal their son, and that if many prayer warriors interceede for him, that God will heal him. I am thankful to report that for the first time since his diagnosis, a test showed him today to be free of leukemia cells . However, he has fungus in his lungs due to a weak immune system after his dad donated bone marrow to Ethan, and he underwent a bone marrow transplant so his dad's cells could kill the leukemia. God can do whatever he wants. There is no doubt about it. But God also allows suffering (he suffered more than any human ever has, I am sure, as he watched his son die a slow, tortured death on the cross). I am thankful tonight that Ethan is cancer free, and that God has no doubt intervened at St. Jude's to heal this sweet baby boy, and from what I understand, his parent's only child. Praise God for this miracle. Praise God, the maker of the universe, who is able to immeasureably more than we can every imagine.
Here is the blog if you want to check it out: click on the updates section and say a prayer of thanks and a prayer of healing for Ethan. www.ethanpowell.com I hope your faith is challenged and strengthened, as mine has been.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home