Literatimommy

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Boticelli

No, this isn't another random world leader post. Botticelli is actually the name of Molly Ann's new pet puppy. This amazing conversation went like this:
Me: What is your new puppy's name, Molly.
Molly: Botticelli
Me: What did you say, I didn't quite get that name.
Molly: Botticelli
Me: Did you say Botticelli?
Molly: Yes, Botticelli
Me: How do you know that name?
Molly: He is the horse in Rapunzel.
Me: Not the book one.
Molly: No, the Barbie Rapunzel
(I got Barbie Rapunzel on sale a couple of months ago. We've watched it maybe 7-10 times. Botticelli is the prince's horse, a small fact I didn't remember, nor did Jack.)
I got online, showed Molly some Botticelli paintings, and now she knows he is a painter. She is amazing, because she is only 2 1/2. She knows a Yeat's poem by heart (Shy One), and she also knows the first stanza of Robert Frost's Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening...I never got around to teaching her the rest because I have to memorize them first. She knows about three to five other poems word for word by heart from school.
Today, we were playing dress up with snow white, and she informed me that I had put her shirt on her mandible. She also knows the Latin names for certain body parts. (mandible, patella, phalanges, cranium and on occasion she can identify but not reproduce the name humerus (your arm)).
I believe that God has really blessed Molly Ann with an amazing mind. To be honest, it is a lot exhausting. Just today at dinner, she spilled her juice twice in a row, smashed her banana in the floor, and spilled her water on the floor. She is very active. And very opinionated. She pretty much bosses me and Jack around all day. We aren't sure what to think of her. Some interesting things she doesn't know, though, yet. She doesn't know her alphabet with good accuracy. She also can't quite count objects up to five, as four is as high as she goes. She talks with great accuracy and vocabulary, when she had an accident in Walmart, she told me she was so frustrated with herself. I am at a loss with what to do with her. I am toying with the idea of placing her in a Montessori school in the fall. I just pray that God helps me raise her to be a good Christian who loves him.
(I totally admit that this post sounds braggy, but seriously, just for posterity's sake, I'd like to record what she is saying at 21/2.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicole B said...

Love it, love it, love it! She is just TOO funny!

5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home