Literatimommy

Thursday, July 31, 2008

25 Again

Yes, I am 25 again, for the ninth year in a row. It is fabulous being 25: I love it. I vow to never leave this age. And, my sister in law, Nicole, cemented my age when her card congratulated me on my 25th birthday. Yes, Nicole, like myself, is very wise and we've decided to live forevermore in our mid twenties. I have no desire to grow old gracefully, or to embrace fully what it means to grow wiser and understand what it means to be a woman. Everything I needed to know I knew by 25: (how to do laundry and why you shouldn't, the value of a good cleaning lady for the organizationally challenged, why you should adore your parents, and why on earth you would marry young when you found your soul mate, how fabulous children are, how neat it is to watch your brother become a father, how to pack for several moves, how to change careers whenever the need arises, and most importantly, what I've know since I was literally 3, the value of your relationship with the one true God.)
We celebrated this monumental birthday at Uncle Julios, and Myles and Lisa, Cody and Nicole and Max, and my mom and dad came. Thanks for sharing the great birthday with me. As soon as Molly Ann saw Max, she was all over him like white on rice, or tan on brown rice if you are a health food nut. And, when she saw Lisa she grinned from ear to ear. Myles and Jack played karate chop Power Ranger fever, and Mike got me the best present ever: a beautiful yummy cake to share with my family. IT has been a great day, and I am truly blessed to celebrate 34 surrounded by a fabulous family.

4 Comments:

Blogger Nicole B said...

totally agree...pretty much nothing left to learn after 25! Happy birthday! The cake was indeed fabulous!

8:00 PM  
Blogger debrabain@sbcglobal.net said...

It was a great day and you didn't look at day over 20!!!!! Where are we going on Jack's birthday?

6:50 PM  
Blogger Pearson Family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

2:37 PM  
Blogger Lisa Renee said...

Happy be-lated birthday! I was thinking of you! Sounds like a great day. I just caught up a litlte on your blog,hope your trip was great! I just had a friend tell me I had to get The Shack. I have started reading more in the past couple of years. After reading your critique, its a definate. Love you and glad you were born!

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home