Literatimommy

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Weird ACU Website

Here is a website called weirdacu, that contains strange and interesting facts about Abilene Christian, mine and Mike's alma matter. Here is the link: http://weirdacu.wordpress.com

Happy New Year! Last night, I crashed out well before even New Year's in New Zealand! It was a crazy day, that culminated in Mike taking me to Rosa's so I could get two margaritas for supper. Molly ann has been in rare form lately. I forget she is three because she is very verbal, and her language is quite sophisticated. Yesterday, just yesterday, I had to tell her to climb down from the roof of the train at the Science Museum twice!, I had to scold her for running out with no abandon in front of the throng of people at Central Market. (This, after two prior "heads up" to she and Jack about why they must be careful while walking in a parking lot of seriously focused foodies driving large SUV's gathering their New Year's Even dips and spirits.) And, finally, she got a spanking for unbuckling her seat beat while traveling on I35! The spanking came after numerous past warnings that such activity is dangerous and can result in a ticket for mommy. Then, when Mike came home, my little angel turned into Rick Flare and jumped from the sofa onto Mike just to get him to grunt in pain. This "playful" activity resulted in a back injury for Molly when she fell off the arm rest of the couch (read: her ropes for a wrestling ring) and onto a plastic doll house! She squirmed and screamed, and my heart was broken, and I needed a Rita. So, off we went. Then, I was tooo tired to focus, and when they went to bed, I followed in short order. Today, she has seemed much calmer. Perhaps yesterday wore her down, too.
I am glad 2009 is here, but I am sorry to see 2008 go. It has been a blessed year for my family. Ironically, I know others have suffered unknowing and financial stresses I cannot begin to understand. I am thankful for them that this year is over. Our house has not been unaffected by the turmoil. We have lost a good deal of money, too. They have also cut back at TCC, and my classes may not make this semester, which is kind of stinky, but okay because I trust everything will work out for the best. It is just that we have enough, and our Lord has taken care of our needs and even some of our wants, too. Beyond finances though, and a broken arm and a few visits to the Urgent Care center for Jack's asthma, we have been overwhelmingly healthy. I praise God for our health, as this is something that you cannot really purchase.

Here is a recap of 08 for the McCormack Haus!

Jan. 2008--Celebrated 11 years with Mike in San Antonio, thanks in part to a visit to view a Time Share. We entitled this vacation "TimeShareaversary" We found out they drain the River Walk in San Antonio at this time every year. We ate enough enchiladas to weigh 400 pounds each! Began Feminist Theory class, and really loved it. I know it is controversial, but I actually really enjoyed it and found the debates invigorating for my faith.
Feb. 2008--Trip to the ER with Jack's asthma
March --trip to Galveston with Cathie and her kiddos. It was freezing, but we had a blast!
April--Mike's birthday, and finished my theory class!
May--DisneyWorld with Mike's family. We stayed at the Polynesian: truly a once in a lifetime awesome trip.
June--Molly breaks her arm. She also celebrates her birthday at Chuck E Cheese
July--trip away to the Solana Mariott with Mike! Read The Shack and loved it. Celebrated 34 birthday! Shared a birthday cake with Nana at Uncle Julios. Max turned 1!!!
August--Trip to Galveston and Johnson Space Center with Mike's family. Three weeks later, the hurricane hit Galveston causing a great deal of horrible damage.
September--Begin writing my prospectus. jack and Molly start preschool.
October--Happy Halloween! We celebrated Halloween with Baby Bear Max, and my parents and Mike's parents. Molly was Gabriella and Jack was Optimus Prime.
November--Turn in prospectus!!!! Miss Dad and Cody's Birthday's because a sickness wipes out our whole family. We also missed Thanksgiving because of this one!
December--Prospectus is approved! We heal and celebrate the holidays. I also got a new car! YEAH!!! It has third row seats and the kids and I love it!

I hope this year heaps blessings on you all. Happy New Year. May you rest safely and securely in the shadow of our King's throne.
--

1 Comments:

Blogger Sidney said...

What a crazy, fabulous year!

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home