Literatimommy

Friday, September 24, 2010

I'm The First!

If you want to know how my job is going, let me tell you what I got to do today. Just today, I tutored two students at the alternative school (students pick to go there) who are trying to graduate. I taught one of them Edward's "Sinners in the Hand of an Angry God" and the other one Chopin's "The Story of an Hour." With the Chopin piece, we talked about how motherhood can sometimes feel constraining: she is the mom to a baby girl! Also, I was able to be the FIRST ONE to discuss a college education with one of my students! No one had mentioned secondary education to him before. I got to be the FIRST! This job is crazy, but I know God is working through me and in me while I am here! What a blessing to be the first!

1 Comments:

Blogger debrabain@sbcglobal.net said...

I'm so happy you are there too - I knew God wanted you there! :)

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home