Literatimommy

Saturday, May 08, 2010

Jack and Molly Ride 2 wheel Bikes!

Inbetween my classes today, Jack and Molly learned to ride bikes without training wheels. Let me say that Molly completely started this! She made Mike take off her wheels, and every time she would crash, she would get back up and say "It's okay. I WILL learn to ride this bike!" She is incredible. Jack took lots of coaxing. I had him say after every crash "I eat bicycles for breakfast!!!" This made him laugh. He isn't as good as her: by the end of the day, she was riding the whole length of our street. There is no telling where that girl is going to go, both on her bike, and metaphorically. At one point, she told me "You need to be more encouraging." Seriously, she is ONLY 4!!!! This was another red letter day!!! Although being a parent takes nerves of steel, (watching them pedalling, teetering and crashing is soo hard), it is also wonderfully exhilarating!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nicole B said...

yay for them! this is awesome!

7:12 AM  
Blogger Lisa Renee said...

WOW! GO KIDS!!! You are such a neat mom, can't wait to hug your neck soon!

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home