Literatimommy

Sunday, August 08, 2010

Another Red Letter Day


This morning, we had to put our much loved Scottish Terrier, Matty, to sleep. The dr. diagnosed her with a form of heart failure. Thankfully, the kiddos were at my parents, so it was just Mike, me and Matty. We got to drive like in the old days on the way to the hospital. Matty rode in my lap with her head out of the window. I, of course, bawled my way through church so much while Mike assured me that I have never cried a "pretty" tear...my nose turns red, my eyes turn bright red, and snot poors! I am really going to miss her. My favorite thing about Matty was her spunk for life. She did EVERYTHING with a spark. The kids will be devasted, too. I made myself feel a bit better by purchasing a silver cross at church today that says "Every good gift comes from above." I believe this, and I know Matty came from heaven and returned to heaven today to play catch with Jesus, chase the many onery squirrels she killed while with us. RIP matty.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pearson Family said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:30 AM  
Blogger Pearson Family said...

Okay, I deleted my other comment because I misspelled her name! Matty did have such spunk! I remember her running out to the park if she thought she could make a break for it. I will be praying for you guys. Matty has been with you guys for a long time! Pre kids, right?

6:32 AM  
Blogger 1literatimommy said...

Paige, yeah she was with us right before our 1st anniversary. And she ALWAYS tried to make a break for it, even down to the bitter end with a catheter in her vein...she tried to use her nose to sneak out. :) God is good to have blessed us with such spunk.

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home