Literatimommy

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The Unit and Scott Foley

The Unit is by far my favorite show, and I don't even consider it a guilty pleasure. My favorite thing to do after we get the kids in bed on Tuesday nights is watch it on our DVR (Oh DVR, what did we do before you came into our lives!). One of the reasons I love the show is the exciting, compelling story lines. I love the idea of a secret unit even more elite than the Army Rangers who will risk their lives to stop the bad guys for winning. Now, I realize that all in this world is not black and white, but this romatic notion makes me love this show. The characters are really well fleshed out, and most of the members of the unit have families who are also detailed in each episode. But, especially, I think Scott Foley is a great actor (not bad looking, either...but I digress). He is so talented, and I know this is pathetic, but after each episode, I think Jennifer Garner is a fool for leaving him. He is clearly a rising star, and again, I am aware of how pathetic it is to comment on tv and movie stars personal lives, but every time I see the show, I just think that she is crazy for letting their marriage fall apart. (Of course, after watching the show, I am now considering maybe it wasn't she who was responsible for the separation...again, speculating on their marriages is really inane and pedestrian...I should be writing my first few pages of my paper...)I know she is married to Ben Affleck now with a beautiful baby daugther, and just based on our lives, I should way identify more with her, but I don't. Scott Foley is great, as are the other actors, and I hope he gets to ride this success into some challenging, deep and academy awarded and critically acclaimed successes.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

We watch this show too. And for the pathetic record, I called the break-up of the Foley/Garner marriage months before it actually occurred.

7:03 AM  
Blogger 1literatimommy said...

That's great, Kelli! Who can help speculating on the lives of stars. It's so much fun. I'm sure there are actually places you can place bets on whose next to split!

6:45 AM  
Blogger Lisa Renee said...

Its okay, you can say he is a hottie.........he is.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Margaret K said...

Oh, how I loved him in Party of 5!

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home