Literatimommy

Friday, June 29, 2007

Two Great Blogs by Mike Cope

I am posting a link to Mike Cope's blog; although, many of you already have the web address. He has two very interesting, moving blog entries. Of course, any one who knows me knows that I desire a form of equality for women in the church. More than that, I believe that Jesus set the paradigm in a culture that viewed women as despensible property. Literally, since I took Jeanine Reese's Women in Christian Service at ACU, my understanding of women in the church has been in the process of a transformation. Regardless of what conclusion you come to concerning this issue, Mike Cope's thoughts are interesting. I so appreciate his willingness to be on the cutting edge of Church of Christ issues.
Here is the link: http://www.preachermike.com/
Please keep our family in prayer, as we are going to celebrate Myles and Lisa's wedding this weekend. There will be lots of travel, excitement and stress, so prayers for safety and peace are much appreciated.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pearson Family said...

Will do! Have fun friend!

10:22 PM  
Blogger Lisa Renee said...

Hope you had a safe and fun time. I just read your link to the article about the mother-daughter relationship. LOVED it. You are truely blessed. My relationship is so much different with my mother but that bond is still there. We could not be more different but things still are not real until I tell her. I hope Olivia feels that way some day. I really hope Ty does too, although I know boys are usually different. Trent is as close to his mother as any girl I know!

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home