Literatimommy

Saturday, July 07, 2007

First Literary Debate

I am so excited to blog about my children's first literary debate. And, no, it wasn't over ownership of the book, or possession of the book. Jack and Molly were looking at a book about a boy's trip to the doctor. The boy is suffering from what Jackson dubbed as "Spots", they look like chicken pox, but with his rash, no doubt he could identify with the child in the book. Molly looked at the book and decided the boy, who looks quite distraught, was crying. Jackson, having seen the picture and having suffered similar spots, assured her he wasn't crying. Mayhem ensued. Molly screamed that the boy was crying. Jackson screamed, coaxed and cajoled that he wasn't. I wish I could say that this debate stayed in intensity while Jackson explained why he wasn't crying, and Molly calmly stated her reasons for thinking he was crying. However, they both continued to scream their thesis at the top of their lungs. I slowed down and tried to remove the book before Molly pinched Jackson, only to be honked at by the car behind me. (I am assuming the tint on my car is too dark to decipher that I have two children in the car, therefore I should not be honked at, pointed at, cursed at nor tailgated. However, I think we all know drivers in the metroplex...I myself, sans children, am one of them!) I finally wrestled the book away from them, took a glance at the boy, and could see both of their arguments. But, there were no tears visible, so I am afraid Jack was right, and there is to concrete proof of the tears.
On a fun note, today was Jack's first soccer game. Let me just say that it was a thumping: the other team scored umpteen goals to our team's two. Two of our players refused to play, so Jack got to play quit a lot. It was fun to see Jack smiling as he raced up and down the soccer field. My mom told him, you ran up and down the field, Jack. He asked if the other side of the field really was up. Funny, funny boy. One bad thing that happened was that Jack thought he would be Chick Hicks from Cars and push the other players out of the way. Regardless of the color of their jersey: green (our side) or blue (their side) suffered his wrath even after we told him to stop. Finally, the other team's coach told him to stop, and he listened! AHH, the power of the coach! When he finished the game, he told me he was Chick Hicks, as I had suspected, and he didn't want to let the other players beat him to the Piston Cup. Jeremy Paul, is his coach, and Hunter and Ethan are on his team! It is so fun to have moms I know watching the games. I love it. Tomorrow, we have another game.
And, on an exciting note, my Sister In Law, Nicole, is in the hospital as we speak about to have baby Maddox Reed Bain. YEAH!! We are so excited and will be so glad to see him safely here, hopefully tonight. My brother has been keeping a blog about his experiences, entitled goosemebaby.blogspot.com. We cannot wait to meet sweet baby Maddox (Molly insists that his name is Goose Maddox.)
One more funny Molly story: yesterday, I threatened to pull over to spank her. She said, no I wouldn't and that she would shoot us with her bubble gun if we did. Her imaginary bubble gun proceeded to go off in our direction. Yes, unfortunately for her, she did receive punishment. No matter how darned cute/slightly disturbing it was!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Renee said...

That is too funny!

I am guessing Maddox is here by now.... hope all went well. Congrats on being an Aunt!

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home