Literatimommy

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Spam Haikus

While Mike and I were surfing blogs (dorky? yes, especially if you don't know the person...), I found a link to a spam haiku site. After reading the haikus and laughing out loud several times, Mike left me in dismay. I used the silence to write my own spam haiku:

Memories of Childhood

Spam fried in Crisco
Mayonaise as a garnish
Embraced by white bread

Here is the link so you can read some funny haikus, if you are so inclined. http://www.kbeamer.com/spam_haiku.html
If you feel up to it, please leave some haikus about spam or whatever your favorite childhood food was! (Okay, spam wasn't my favorite, but it was good!) A haiku is three umrhymed lines whose syllables count 5-7-5 (just in case you aren't an english nerd, like me!)

9 Comments:

Blogger Amy C said...

Spam is disgusting
I can't believe you eat it
My husband likes it

9:09 PM  
Blogger 1literatimommy said...

Funny Amy C.!!!

6:17 AM  
Blogger astromack33 said...

The meat in blue can
If it is really from pork
What could light spam be?


I hope I counted my syllables correctly!

8:06 AM  
Blogger Pearson Family said...

I don't eat fried Spam
In fact, I don't eat any Spam
That is what I say!

I did it! I understood what you were talking about. I kind of remembered it from when I was in the third grade. You are too funny.

8:06 AM  
Blogger 1literatimommy said...

great spam haikus!

8:58 AM  
Blogger Lisa Renee said...

SPAM stinks!

I am trying not to use the word sucks anymore at anytime so stinks will have to do. I even kind of feel bad for typing it. Amazing what having kids will do to ya. You don't feed that to your kids do you?

10:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Since I have never eaten Spam I will write a Haiku based on my favorite childhood snacks. It's a wonder my heart didn't explode before 18.

Bowls of brown sugar
Tasty spoonfuls of butter
Mustard sandwiches

Wanna bring your kids over for snacktime?

3:08 PM  
Blogger 1literatimommy said...

I loved brown sugar, too. spoonfuls of it straight from the container!
Lisa, I haven't fed my kiddos spam yet, but soon! (just kidding. i haven't touched the stuff since I was a kid)

7:51 PM  
Blogger angie c said...

A pickle
Surrounded by mayonaise
Spread on bread with cheese

My favorite snack then and still is today. Gross, I know, to the average person, but not for a major pickle lover like myself. yummmmmy

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home