Literatimommy

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Back to the Newborn Days

No, I'm not pregnant. Molly Ann has been sick since Sunday with a chest cold. When she has a chest cold, she throws up in the middle of the night. Mike and I have been up all night off and on with her, patting her back and sympathizing. I have to admit, he is a little better at night than I am. Usually, though, after a few nights without sleep, I hit my stride and am okay.
My point, though, with this blog is that although you leave those sleepless newborn nights behind, sometimes you get slapped back with a reminder of what is was like. WE are here with Molly right now. I have to admit, though, now that I am used to it, I really love taking care of her. She gives me sweet fake yucky faces, whines that she needs sprite, please, and otherwise is pretty cute when she is sick. Her hair sticks up like a hurricane has ravaged it. I am sure I'll never get the tangles out when I see her in the morning. I love this crazy girl! Even when she is whiny and sick and I am tired. I think she is getting better, though we were up last night with her. I slept next to her from 2 until 7. I love the feel of her cold body next to mine. (yes, for some reason she sleeps cold. IT is strange, and funny. Maybe she is part vampire? I would love it. ) She kicks all the covers off, kicks me, tries to place her legs on top of me, grabs my arm and coughs in my face. And, I can't help but smile!
What about you guys? Is there a time when unexpectedly, you fall madly in love with your children again, with their wild hair, gagging coughing and all?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home