Literatimommy

Friday, June 30, 2006

potty training, throw up, and bummed out presentations

Sickness has been the order of the day at the mccormack household. We are all trying to get over a nasty little cough we've had for a week and a half. On top of that, we are potty training. YIKES! Somehow, I didn't think it would be like this. So hard! Some funny things that have happened are yesterday, to get Jack to tee tee, I let him tee tee on the tree in our yard. I know this is embarassing, and most moms wouldn't admit to doing it, if they even did it at all. Anyway, while jackson was tee teeing, he said, shoe fly, i've got to give the tree a drink. And then, he said, here is a drink for your tree! That still makes me laugh! I will always picture his bare bottom and hearing him shoe a fly to give a tree a drink. I know it is a little trashy, but it is so funny. Then, while we were trying to go again, he said to my mom, SHHH Don't say another Word! Where does he get this stuff?
When Molly went down for her nap, I heard a gagging, and she threw up big time! For like Five minutes. I know she doesn't feel good at all. It is no fun to see her so helpless, but not so sick that she doens't have time to steal Jack's trains and then get chased down by him, all the while sporting a wry smile on her face.
So Sickness and potty training, and on top of that, a bummer presentation for my class. First of all, I am regreting taking a hermeneutics class and am thinking that it is only for people who are smart, not for people who are trying to do sixty million things at once and who feel like they threw away half their brain with the last diaper they changed. I am glad I got to take it, but it is reckoning time now, and my presentation was a bust. My professor disagreed with everything, forcing me to admit in front of the class that number one: I was not going to change my opinion while defending my paper, and Number two: that I would only change it before I turned it in to him. I won't go into the details, you might go to sleep, but it wasn't fun. The last words of my presentation were "Am I off the hook, yet?" Not very articulate, either. And, now we have a take home exam for this week. YIKES. All of our grade comes from the paper the presentation was based on and the take home exam, which means I have no idea (except a feeling of dread) about how I did in the class. I know that I need more theory for my thesis for the MA, but I am thinking I'll stick to literature classes in the future.

3 Comments:

Blogger astromack33 said...

Do you see the same bit of irony that i do in the fact that you and your mom are the ones teaching jack to pee outside instead of me or your dad?

don't doubt your abilities in your class! You have done great I am sure, especially since you have all of us to deal with as well. I know it will be tough, but just think 3 more days and you are one more class down (in just 5 weeks!).

6:35 AM  
Blogger angie c said...

That is hilarious! Hey, if peeing is more fun on a tree..whatever it will take for him to learn. I'm all for that. You're too funny... hope you all feel better soon. Being sick sucks.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You get props for disagreeing with your professor. Literature is about opinions. I am so glad to know that when I start potty training Ethan in August (which I am already dreading as if I was James Frey on Oprah) I can send Ethan over to your tree to water if we are playing in the park. Sorry about the sickness!

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home