Literatimommy

Thursday, August 10, 2006

13 Reasons I Love Galveston Island

1. seeing jack and molly relish in the surf and sand.
2. watching molly's first reaction to the water
3. the salty air
4. the stiff gulf breeze
5. the sand
6. fresh sea food
7. the state park in galveston that is right on the beach! (only a short walk over the board walk)
8. sea gulls who risk life and limb for a crumb of bread
9. camping with my whole family
10. the strand at galveston
11. the brown water (I know this seems counterintuitive, but I actually like the color of galvez water)
12. remembering all the trips Mike and I have taken to a beach
13. hearing the sound of the waves and realizing how small I truly am compared to God's greatness

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy C said...

I love the beach too. It is so fun to watch the children play in the sand and see everything new for the first time!

6:45 PM  
Blogger jenny biz said...

Our family too yearly vacations in Galveston! We love it. We always stay on Crystal Beach.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Pearson Family said...

I am glad you had a good time. I can't wait to see pictures. I LOVE the beach. I do NOT love camping! Glad I have a friend who can talk to my kids about it.

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home