Literatimommy

Monday, August 07, 2006

Gone With The Wind

I am taking a class on Civil War Lit, and the book and movie Gone with the Wind were on the prerequisite list. I took one look at the book, opted for the movie version which I have heard is pretty true to the book. What an awesome movie! I had never seen it in its entirety; all four plus hours. But, it was amazing. I loved Scarlett. I adored Melanie and Rhett, and thought Ashley was lily-livered. Have you seen this southern epic? What do you think of it?

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Ashley is such a pansy. I love that movie! What a great class you are taking! I'd love to know your reading list- maybe I'll read some too and we can have our own book club at Starbucks while eating a lemon bar!

7:32 PM  
Blogger astromack33 said...

Just look at the names... Ashley vs Rhett. Which sounds cooler? I think it is clear.

And Scarlett vs Sue Ellen/Melanie/ any other...I mean come on, you just knew Scarlett was going to be a hottie with a devlish side.

6:49 AM  
Blogger Amy C said...

"You know I don't know nothing 'bout birthin' no babies," That is my favorite part.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Phillips Family said...

GWTW is my ALL TIME favorite movie. Kelli even came with me to see it when it was re-released in the theaters. The book is great, but it is different than the movie. Scarlett isn't quite so virginal in the book.

I want to be in the book club...........

12:46 PM  
Blogger Lisa Renee said...

I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN IT!!!!!!!!!!! It is on my favorite list too. Everytime they play it on television I make a point to watch it, even though its an all day affair. They usually play it in the fall or winter, which you are inside for the most part anyway. Too fun. I wish I lived close enough to be in a book club. HA! Who am I kidding, like I would take the time to read!

8:44 AM  
Blogger Margaret K said...

I loved that movie! I saw it when I was a pre-teen and have always wished for a Mamie and a corset!

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home