Literatimommy

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Beach Pictures And A Trial For Hermit Crab


Here are some pictures we took while we were in Galveston the weekend before last. I love to visit the island. It was so much fun to see Jack and Molly playing in the water. We had lots of family there, and my brother and sister (in law) helped out a lot as did my mom and dad. Although I must admit, the reason I love the beach (I usually do nothing except sun tan and read) was virtually non existant, I loved it for other, more exposed, naked reasons like the one pictured below. We did return with two hermit crabs. While Jackson was examining one for like 25 minutes on Highway 45 right outside of Pasa get down dena, the crab bit Jackson's finger and brought blood. Being the crude person I am, after we picked up the crab and doctored Jackson's finger, and comforted him, I suggested we put the accused crab on trial for assault. If found guilty, we'd go Medieval and chop off his claw. I didn't know Jackson was listening. I asked Mike, who should chop off his claw in the event he was found guilty, as in our court, all crabs are innocent until proven otherwise. Jackson volunteered to mete out the punishment. I chop off his claw, mama, he said. YIKES. I didn't let him near the crabs, and sadly, they have all died due to natural causes while awaiting trial. It's a sad end to the beach, but we loved it! (the beach, not the crab attack!).



 Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger Margaret K said...

Cute pictures! Glad you had some R & R. You gotta love those little ears a listening!

7:55 PM  
Blogger jenny biz said...

Love the rear end pic!! I LOVE the beach!

8:29 PM  
Blogger Pearson Family said...

The bottoms picture is fantastic!

8:35 AM  
Blogger Lisa Renee said...

That is SO cute, those little hinies! I can just hear you talking about the crab trial.....too funny.

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home