Literatimommy

Monday, November 20, 2006

A Psalm of Thanksgiving

for a long time, God has put this Psalm on my heart.

A Psalm of Thanksgiving

Watching my children sleep peacefully
I know I have surely been blessed
By the Maker of the World.

My heart is a well of pure spring water
filled by the Lord God
And, there, my family drinks.

My life has been touched by God's hand.
Blessings flow down from heaven
Like sunshine penetrating the
Bright white clouds.

My daugther's sweet creamy skin that's so soft to touch
Creates a smile on my face.
I am joyful imagining God knitting her
Together less than two years ago.

My son's songs are more beautiful
Than a harp. I hope they rise up to heaven
And permeate God's throne
With the Thanks and honor he richly deserves.

God's hand is on me.
He has made my heart his dwelling place.
In the corners of my soul that
No one else sees, I invite him to live,
So that he may hear the reverberations of my heart as they
Beat a Song of Thanksgiving and joy.

Nothing on earth has prepared me for
The gifts of the soul God has bestowed upon me.
In my gratitude, I enter his kingdom and
Fall down in worship and praise.

With every rise and fall of their chests underneath covers,
I praise God for my family.
This gift is as extravagant a gift as the world's treasure troves hold.
Not all the diamonds in Africa or the pearls of the worlds oceans
Compare to the love the Lord has shown me through my family.
My gratitude and praise are eternal.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This is beautiful.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa Renee said...

I LOVE this. You are so amazingly talented and its neat to hear God speaking through you. I agree with your mother, He has touched many through you. I also loved the pics of your children. Having children really does show how amazing God is in thousands of daily situations. I have never felt emotion like this before I had mine. I stared at Ty for an entire hour while he slept last night in just sheer amazement of Who God is. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am so thankful for my continued friendship with you. You have blessed me as well.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Amy C said...

Your poem is so sweet. Lovely!

6:57 AM  
Blogger Margaret K said...

Beautiful, Jodi. When are you going to start writing your novel?

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home