Literatimommy

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Summer PIcs

While we were at the zoo the other day, we enjoyed cotton candy. So yummy.
In the bottom pics, we were at the neighborhood pool, and a boy had a snorkel, which Jack coveted mightily. He finally fashioned himself one...clever little boy! And Molly in her swimsuit cousins Ava and Ian bought her for her birthday. This summer has been lovely! June and July have been busy, weddings, precious new baby, but really wonderful. Life changes so constantly, and this summer's strange oscillation between mudane, normal cotton candy and swim days intertwined with huge life events like watching Myles and Lisa and Dale and Kasey get married, and welcoming a new little member to our family have made me feel so very alive. It is a peculiar summer, days when boredom looms large, mixed in with the big events. I can't help but feel grateful to God for these experiences that I know are not unique, but they are so special. If I weren't so darned tired, I'm sure I could come up with some poem about it. Tonight, I am glad that pictures are worth a thousand words!

Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger debrabain@sbcglobal.net said...

That Jack is sooo smart - I love his snorkel!!! Love, Mom

7:07 PM  
Blogger Amy C said...

He has talent. I think I would drown with a snorkle. I love cotton candy. We should all eat more bellowy sugar!

7:53 PM  
Blogger Margaret K said...

Love the swimsuit! I am always envious of little girl clothes. I can't help but touch them at stores. What a smart boy you have! Congrats on your nephew!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Lisa Renee said...

Love the pictures and the little leapord suit! Glad you have had lots to celebrate in your family! Today.........I CELEBRATE YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JODI JANE! Love you!

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home