Literatimommy

Friday, July 20, 2007

Two Answered Prayers

In a matter of a few days, I have had two prayers answered that I have been on my prayer request for months. The first answered prayer is about Jack's rash. We went to Dr. Ghali in Grapevine, and found out it is chronic pitorysius rosea. I prayed and prayed that God would remove this awful rash from Jack's body, but my prayers went unanswered. I found out why. Evidently, current thinking about this rash is that it is the bodies way to ward off LYMPHOMA! Oh my gosh! In an attempt to get the body back in check, the immune system goes crazy killing whatever virus or cells can trigger this disease. The nurse practitioner assured me he is not in danger now, and many of you know he has had blood tests that have come back normal. I just want to point out that God knew way more about Jack's body than I did, and I praise him for not answering my prayer and taking the rash away before his body was ready for it. It is slowly going away now. This is a reminder that God knows way more about our bodies than we do, and sometimes, unanswered prayers are a direct result of our ignorance in a situation. Thank you, Lord, for not answering my prayer and keeping my son healthy and safe.
Another answered prayer this week was I got a call for Tarrant County College, and I may have the opportunity to be an adjunct reading instructor for them at their South campus. I have been unofficially offered a job, and still have to clear a few hurdles. Still, I consider just being called for an interview an answer to my prayers. God was listening to me, and the interview is proof. Sometimes, silence as the answer to your prayers is harder to take than a yes or no. I consider the interview God's way of saying, Maybe, I'm leaning towards yes. The best part of the job is that I will be working with struggling students right out of high school who need some help with their reading skills. I love the idea of this job: that I can help them. Another interesting part of the interview was that TCC was interested in me for classes I had taken at ACU, and they couldn't care less that I am a graduate student at UTA! Proof to me, again, that ACU is an excellent school with very relevant classes.
Maddox, Nicole and Cody are doing great. A little bleary eyed, but great. Maddox is a handsome, sweet baby that I got to hold and actually change his diaper. Thank you, Nicole, for letting me hold baby Maddox. I love him so much!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Margaret K said...

I am so glad you got a good report for Jackson!

Congratulations on the new addition to your family and your prospective job!

10:16 AM  
Blogger Pearson Family said...

I am so happy for you, on both accounts.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Lisa Renee said...

YEA for answered prayer! Father (Heavenly_ ALWAYS KNOWS BEST, SOO true! Congrats on the job situation. Saying some prayers about that! Love you Jodi Jane.

9:33 AM  
Blogger debrabain@sbcglobal.net said...

That was so scary about Jack's rash - but so glad his little body is fighting it off. He's such a sweetheart!!!!

4:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good news all around. What a lesson learned to me about praying for the rash to go away... and I guess all the while God provided the rash for protection. And I am so happy for the interview!

10:08 PM  
Blogger Amy C said...

Good luck on the interview, and thank God for "unanswered prayers!"

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home