Literatimommy

Sunday, August 05, 2007

The Gifts of a Gracious Giver

On my last post, I wrote that I felt like God's spirit was prompting me to this phrase: The Giver Above The Gifts. I am glad I was patient and didn't write about it before now, because at our church today, Drew talked about how God bestows upon us spiritual gifts. I thought that was really cool given what I had been thinking. I totally admit, when I wrote The Giver Above The Gifts, I was thinking with my human eyes, about the physical gifts we receive. But, much more tantamount to our Christianity is the Spiritual Gifts God has given to us via his Spirit. These gifts (really paraphrasing here) are, according to our Bible and Drew, given to us to help the church body we are in so everyone can see all the different wonderful parts of God's personality. Today in church, he challenged us to go a website and take a test to identify our spiritual gifts. Here is the link: http://www.spiritualgiftstests.com/. You should go to it and take the test: it took me around ten minutes. There are about a hundred questions and then it identifies your gifts. My gifts that were above 15 points were: Discernment 21, Faith 21, Knowledge 15, and Mercy 18. Now, it is my job to figure out how to best use these gifts so others can see God's glory and recognize the ultimate gift, Jesus' sacrifice which brings our salvation. So, take the test and let me know what your spiritual gifts are and how you the best way you can think to use them. (Obviously, you don't have to do this on the comments, but seriously, I want to know what spiritual gifts you have and how you use them!) And, here is a link to my church website where you can download the sermons: they are so awesome. Last week's was entitled What, Me A Priest?. Here is the website: http://www.hmcc.org/.
(I am not sure how one uses the gift of discernment...if anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate them!)

1 Comments:

Blogger debrabain@sbcglobal.net said...

Nice Blog Jodi - Mine are:
Discernment 18
Faith 21
Looks like I need to study and teach a little or a lot more!!! Love, Mom

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home