Literatimommy

Friday, September 21, 2007

One Quick Update and a good cup of old joe--di

I know it has been too long since I've written anything. We have been really busy: Jack and Molly began their preschool. I love their teachers; they seem to be having fun. I began teaching at TCC, and taking my Utopia Literature class at UTA. And, Mike's work has been busy too. I really like working, but it is difficult because I am away from my little ones more than I am used to. I do have a funny story. Jack and Molly go to preschool where we go to church, Highland Meadows Christian Church. There is a coffee shop that is always open at the church, so I have been grabbing a cup of Joe and doing my reading while they are in preschool. One day, a young guy who was getting my coffee is also in the band at church, and he mentioned that his band played at the Grapefest. I was talking to him about the Grapefest, and he asked me if I saw the AC/DC tribute band. I told him I didn't, because we were doing the bounce houses and petting zoos, but that I would have loved to, because the first concert I ever attended was an AC/DC concert. Then, he looked at me very confused-like and asked me if those guys were still together. An awkward second passed, and I confessed that this concert experience was a mere 15 years ago. He looked at me like I was a dinosaur and said Wow. I sadly got back to my reading, and noticed that my joints were a little sore, and that my highlights needed to be touched up to hide the grey. Yes, folks, I am officially an Old Lady, who saw a great rock band way back when. Back in Black has a whole new meaning for me! :)

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

So funny. Scott and I just had a discussion tonight on how "middle age" is fast approaching! Glad you guys are well and staying very busy!

7:53 PM  
Blogger Pearson Family said...

YOU OLD FOGGIE! Is that how you spell that?

8:54 PM  
Blogger Margaret K said...

I understand your pain...my first concert was The Cure in 1988.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Lisa Renee said...

Ummm... John Denver here! That whole scernario makes me laugh. I feel so old that I am scared how I will be when I really AM old! I refuse to say it now, I mean 30 is the new 20!

6:03 AM  
Blogger Cody said...

Old timer! You should have started telling him all your stories about the Cure and how hard core they are. And not to even get you started on Sweet Child of Mine or Def Lep.

2:31 PM  
Blogger debrabain@sbcglobal.net said...

That's funny, Jodi - let me tell you from the eye's of a rapidly approaching 60 yr old - I feel your pain - but quit complaining - the joins only hurt more!!!! ha, ha - I love you , Mom

11:11 AM  
Blogger Tefertiller Tribe said...

Jodi, I lost your email address somehow. Will you email me so I can add you to our list and keep you informed from Nigeria? Thanks! loveshelly

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home