Literatimommy

Monday, March 10, 2008

Got a Picky Eater?

In our house, Jack, my four year old, is a picky eater. Here is a list of what he eats: eggs (scrambled or boiled), chicken (any way), steak, hamburger meat, green beans, bread, tortillas, milk, chocolate soy milk, pasta (enriched with protein), various crackers, and anything that looks like it could be a dessert. Molly, in complete contrast, will try anything. I have found a way to trick Jack into eating more veggies, based on Jessica Sklar Seinfield's book. Except, I am lazy. Jessica suggests boiling and baking veggies pureeing them, and putting them in normal recipes. I guess Jessica has lots of time on her hands, (though she has three young children, I can't imagine how). Anyway, after I sliced my hand open on the food processor, I quit trying to puree the foods. Now, I just buy organic baby foods. I put them in baked mixes like muffins, cookies, ect. Today, Jack had a chocolate muffin mix with a whole container of baby food carrots and ground flax seed. It is almost like he ate salmon and carrots for breakfast. This is the only way I can get him to eat healthy. It makes me laugh to think of how he will never be able to get his breakfast muffins to taste just like mom's. And, that might be a good thing.

5 Comments:

Blogger bettysue said...

Just don't let him see you mix it all up! I think you're pretty smart!!

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:06 PM  
Blogger Nicole B said...

That is absolutely brillant!!!

5:18 AM  
Blogger debrabain@sbcglobal.net said...

Great ideal - i think that may work for adults too!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Sidney said...

That is an awesome idea! I wonder if it will work on grown men??

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home