Literatimommy

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Day Ended As It Began: Waiting to see a Doctor!

Yesterday was horrible! In the am, I had a visit with my doc. to check my cholesterol, which means a venipuncture. I waited 35 minutes after fasting twelve hours to get it checked. Jack freaked out and cried, but Molly Ann loved it. She is unafraid of doctors, which proved to be a good thing. After my doctor visit, we went to the pirate ship park in keller since we were right there. I went for a three mile walk, then we stopped to play on a playground. Molly fell off the monkey bars when I looked away for just one moment. She fell about five feet onto the soft mulch below. She immediately complained that her shoulder hurt her. After a nap and a few more complaints, we drove to Baylor Grapevine to the ER. The XRay revealed a broken arm. We were blessed today to see an orthopedists, who told us we can do nothing and must wait three weeks to ensure it is healing properly. I feel that once again, God was watching over us and I am thankful nothing worse happened. My parents were with me much of the day today as I drove to get an xray copy, and then to Arlington for the soonest appointment necessary. Today, though, I am wiped out. Luckily Mike was up with her during the night. we are privy to some good pain meds that I will give her tonight to help her sleep. What a day!

4 Comments:

Blogger Pearson Family said...

OH MY GOODNESS! WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL! I am sure we could have helped in some way! Sweet Molly! I hope you all get some rest!

8:46 PM  
Blogger bettysue said...

Well, she IS YOUR child! The miracle here is that Jack hasn't had any broken bones, he has the same heritage! Just Miss Molly! I tell you, the Bain gene is a strong one!!!
Did you, at about the same age, do the same thing????????? Heritage!

6:59 PM  
Blogger debrabain@sbcglobal.net said...

I'm so glad Miss Molly is okay, and the dr didn't have to do surgery, or put her in a cast. It might have been eaiser for us w/Molly in a cast - but for Miss Molly I'm glad she still has her FREEDON!!!! Love, nana

5:05 PM  
Blogger Nicole B said...

man....what a tough day!

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home