Literatimommy

Sunday, November 23, 2008

This Weekend


We drove to Dallas to give Cody his birthday present. Happy Birthday, Cody! We got to play with baby Max...he is such a smart boy! He can make the funniest goat sound, and when he shows us his "teeth", it is soo cute! I know the kids enjoyed visiting cousin Max. We tried to get some pics of the kids, unfortunately, most of them turned out like the one on the left. After visiting with Max and his parents, we drove to Harold's Clean Sweep. I must admit, I was pretty disappointed. The sales weren't great. I expected it to be rock bottom cheap prices, but Harold's actually hiked up the prices to try to get more out of their bankruptcy money, I guess. We have actually gotten much better prices there just on a regular day. The same shirts Mike bought for 10 dollars were now selling for 30. I know the price was listed at 90, but come on, who can really charge that for a untailored dress shirt. Anyway, then we drove to Ikea where we found great deals! We bought shelves for Jack's room, and a book shelf for Molly's room. Molly's book shelf was only 30 bucks, half price from its original. And, because I have been freezing, we bought a down comforter and a duvet, which I love. The down comforter reminds me and Mike both of European covers, and last night I actually dreamed we were staying at the Berger Pension again, where we spent three nights when we were in Heidelberg, Germany. Mike says that on all his trips to Helsinki, the hotels used the same down comforters. It is strange to be in the middle of suburbia, dreaming of Heidelberg or Vienna. It is funny, though I am sure that is what middle class suburban dreams are made of, thoughts of quaint hotels in Europe and wonderful Disney vacations. (My dreams, at least) Frau Berger, the lady of the Berger pension, was a tart filled with personality. I know we were too young to stay there; most of the guests had like thirty years on us. Anyway, I guess that is why I love Ikea...it is neat to have something so European here in the states, a mere drive away. Here are pics of the kids rooms. I really have to say I think both of their rooms are too cute now. I hope everyone else had a great weekend, too.
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger bettysue said...

Hey, way to shop! I love Molly's room, but can't tell about Jacks. Somehow I still think of Molly as little, like baby bed little, whew, they grow up!
I love the picture of her with the santa hat, that WAS Molly, wasn't it??

8:13 PM  
Blogger Pearson Family said...

Love the new organization!

11:44 AM  
Blogger debrabain@sbcglobal.net said...

I LOVE the pic of the kids and the Santa's Hat!

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home