Literatimommy

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Fourth of July!

I hope everyone gets to enjoy the fourth of July with family and friends. I used to think it was a not a big deal, just another reason to shoot fireworks and eat hot dogs. Then, Mike and I went to Europe over the fourth, and no one even mentioned that it was America's birthday. There were no American flags (duh, I know, we were in a different country), no patriotic marches, no fireworks. I loved our trip to Europe, but I was really homesick on the fourth, and I was glad to be home. Can you imagine not celebrating the fourth of July? It was strange. This fourth, we will be in Granbury with my family. My favorite memory of the fourth of July was in Post, Texas, when some friends of my parents and their kids (around our age, we must have been 20 or 21) came over and we just shot off fireworks. I know it doesn't sound like that great of a time, but the weather in Post in the summer is hot, but it cools way down at night, so it was a little cool, and as usual, no clouds in sight. It was a great summer evening. What is your favorite fourth of July memory? Anyway, I'm posting a link to fireworks, just in case you aren't able to see any this holiday. Happy Fourth of July!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5zQeZeqjhQ&mode=related&search=fireworks

7 Comments:

Blogger jenny biz said...

4th of July was a huge holiday for our family. My fav was getting to eat so much watermelon that our mouths were dyed red for days. We would put tons of salt on it. MMMM! We would also go out to my grandparents house "in the woods" and shoot of our own fireworks. My greatgrandparents would sit in their lawn chairs, grandparents would join in the fun. We would also usually have a family game of softball. Which one year my 92 year old great-grandMOTHER hit a home run AND ran the bases.
Thanks for letting me reminisce on your blog :) Great memories of this day!! :)

4:10 PM  
Blogger 1literatimommy said...

Watermelon and salt...I have many memories of that, too. But, no memories of a 92 year old still agile enough to hit a homerun! That makes me smile!

5:18 PM  
Blogger astromack33 said...

Yesterday was a good 4th as well! I am glad we made it to the parade - I never imagined they would enjoy it so much. And we learned another valuable lesson. Sparklers = good. Popping ground spiners not so much...

7:22 AM  
Blogger Lisa Renee said...

I love the fourth! We always spend it out at Trent's parents house and swim and can see the fireworks at LCC from their backyard. However my favorite memory is when I came for the first time with Trent when we were dating. We went to the waterpark where he used to work with a bunch of friends. We laid out a blanket and laid on our backs and were just about 20 yards from where they were firing them up. They were right over our heads and it was absolutely beautiful. I was just so happy to be there with him.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Lisa Renee said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Lisa Renee said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:56 AM  
Blogger angie c said...

Yea, fireworks!!! I was inside with Nora when they were going on since it was so loud and I really missed seeing them. Love the 4th...

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home