Literatimommy

Monday, December 04, 2006

Mary

She was just a girl.
She was just a girl walking.
She was just a pregnant girl walking.

She was...pregnant...before the wedding.
We can count to nine...it didn't add up.

She heard a voice.
She heard a voice from God.
She heard a voice from God saying you are blessed among women.

Her fiancee didn't believe at first.
Then he too heard a voice .

Do you believe in...
God's only son
The virgin birth
The ministry
The opposition
The miracles
The sinless life
The redemption through innocent blood
The ascension
The spirit?

I do! Emphatically. I do.
I have heard a voice too.

Schizophrenic?
I am not.
The voice is always there
With suggestions of goodness and promises of heaven.

Though I am just a girl walking
Who sometimes stumbles,
More often than ever I believe.

I believe because I hear the voice
And I see the fruits of Him in my life:
Patience
Love
Caring
Consideration.

I know that usually, I would possess none of these traits.

But, slowly--for the ground needs tilling,
I am transforming into a thriving garden of faithfulness.
Because I believe in the girl walking, her reluctant groom and her firstborn son.

There will never be proof positive except in me, in my life.
That is why my transformation is imperative.
He demands it.
Maybe you, too, can hear the voice.
My suggestion: listen with an open heart.
Begin by hearing the footsteps of a pregnant girl.

2 Comments:

Blogger astromack33 said...

a wonderful poem of a wonderful story!

7:18 AM  
Blogger angie c said...

Great peom.
kc

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home