Literatimommy

Friday, December 01, 2006

Please Pray About This

Normally, I do not think I lean too much to the dark side of life. But, I have to admit that women's issue and children's issues are very close to my heart. Anyone who knows me well knows that when it comes to gender issues, and issues of children (education, free-lunches and health care for children), there I consider myself at least a moderate, and possibly a liberal. (I realize that is a bad word in Texas, especially in C of C circles), but if you have the time to click on this link, read this article about child rape in African Nations, and how gender inequality often perpetuates injustice for the victims. (One experts believes the number one reason why these crimes go unpunished is gender inequality. Interesting. And Sad. Especially given all our savior has done to prove how worthy and loved women and children are.) And, pray for those children in Africa who have to suffer and feel they will never have nor deserve justice. I know, believe in deep in my heart and with all my heart, that God has heard their cries and will deliver justice. Please pray that his kingdom will reign on this issue. Pray that God will bring the victims peace. Their sorrow has affected me deeply tonight.
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/01/world/africa/01madagascar.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Renee said...

Jodi, I have to tell you that just the mention of that crime against children made me nausious to read. I do not stay as aware as I should of things that are going on in different countries and needed to be reminded to be in prayer about things like this. Thank you for mentioning the "un-mentionable" for prayer's sake. Wow, my heart is just sinking.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Lisa Renee said...

How disgusting, disturbing and infuriating!!!!!!!!!!!!

2:07 PM  
Blogger 1literatimommy said...

thanks for commenting, lisa. i am afraid this is so beyond what either you or i could comprehend, all we can do is pray for those children. thanks for your prayers, lisa. they mean a lot.

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home