Literatimommy

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Progressive Parking

Get your mind out of the gutter! Remember the good ole days when parking meant making out in the back seat of your significant other's car at Nelson Park? The days of eating out at restaurants unencumbered by children whose ages barely reached singal digits? The days when you thought you were busy because you had a paper due that you could have been working on for months, but you delayed until the last minute for no reason other than laziness? And progressive parking would look something like driving to every park/ elementary school in Abilene and making out there? Well, our lives look nothing like that now. But, Mike, me, Jack and Molly went progressive parking together as a family. We rode in the wagon to our neighborhood park, played a while, and when it became to crowded, we walked to the school and played on the playset in front of the school (which by the way is beautiful--it was my first time to see it up close). Then, when I got bored, we walked around to the playset in the back and played a while. Then, we walked on the side of the school and rolled down the hill while Jackson sang "Jack and Molly went up the hill...". You get the idea. I peeked in the classrooms. They were impeccibly decorated. The whole campus of Independence Elementary is lovely. And, for those of you in my neighborhood, we are lucky! Then, we walked home. It was a sedate, uneventful, fun afternoon. Just what we needed after the trauma's and excitements of the week. We are doing better. Of course, I am well aware that our 'trauma' is nothing like my friend's families are facing. Almost everyone I hold dear has family members facing illness. So you have been on my mind and in my prayers, and I am well aware that the bothers of my family's week have been just that, bothers. I've been thinking of KF, and Scott's family, of PP and her family, of JB and her neice, of DP, and Tanner. (Sorry to anyone I left out.) :) You are in my prayers tonight. And I hope you all try progressive parking really soon.

7 Comments:

Blogger Margaret K said...

Glad you can relax and appreciate life for it's simplicities. In my opinion, what happened to Jackson was very serious. I am so thankful he is ok. What a scare!

7:01 PM  
Blogger jenny biz said...

OH my word!! Boy, can I use a dose of that ever so often (really a lot often!!:). You have such a precious heart, Jodi! What a traumatic event you have had this past week and yet still thinking and praying for others! You are such a Jesus like example to me! I hope this next week is peaceful and uneventful for you:)

8:12 PM  
Blogger Pearson Family said...

You sweet thing. Thank you for the prayers, and I just got the whole Progressive Parking thing. You are so creative...well, maybe on the title! Just kidding. Love You JODI BAIN!

3:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We've been praying for you... bad, bad week you have had! I love the progressive parking, although I might drop my kids off at your house for your version of progressive parking, and Scott and I will go out for the original version! :)

7:26 PM  
Blogger Phillips Family said...

I think Jack's experience last week was quite dramatic and am thankful he is okay (and that you are as well!).

I love the idea of Park-hopping. What a fun mommy you are!

What is this I hear of an upcoming book club?

12:52 PM  
Blogger Lisa Renee said...

Sounds like such a nice day.

3:07 PM  
Blogger angie c said...

Jodi:
I'm catching up on your blog. I'm so sorry about Jackson...hope things get better. I know it probably hurt you just as much as it did him. . .

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home