Literatimommy

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Unbelievable!

While I was driving to Jack's school today, I heard about this on KLUV. Can you believe that the Dallas Country Club does not have one black member? And, although Jesse Jackson is a controversial figure, it is true that he marched with Martin Luther King Junior during the Civil Right's era. I thought his link to someone with such history would be a plus, not a minus.
Here is a link to the story in the Dallas Morning News
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/020107dntexcountryclub.1d05f5b.html

On top of this news today, I read another article about Joseph Biden's comments about Barack Obama...although he meant it complimentary, he said what he said.
http://news.yahoo.com/fc/US/Presidential_Election_2008

I think he may have done serious harm to his presidential chances.
Of course, I believe America has come a long way in regards to the shameful racism of our past, but I cannot help but wonder if beneath a seemingly peaceful waters of the American psyche, there are still some prejudices that must be exposed before everyone in American will be seen as equal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home