Literatimommy

Saturday, February 17, 2007

What's New Here

I finally signed up with a new blogger account. It was just too difficult to sign in the old way every time. That is why there has been a delay in my posts.
That, and a serious sickness that has rocked our household. I mean rotten. It was an upper respiratory infection that got all four people in our house. I finally broke down and went to the doctor, who gave me antibiotics and strong decongestants. We were sick for two weeks. Yuck!
I had to miss one class at school, which makes me so sad, because I am paying for the classes and I know I need to be there every time. I missed the discussion on Black Elk Speaks, a famous American Indian Collaborative autobiography. Of course, that one is one our exam which is due on Tuesday. I got to go to UTA today though and work. I feel like I am finally a big caught up.
Some amazingly good news is my professor at school, Dr. R, agreed to chair my committee for my MA thesis. AFter this class, I have two more classes and then a year to write my thesis. I am so excited. Dr. R is such a well known scholar. He coedited the Cambridge Edition for Native American Literature. He has written many, many books and articles. He is a veritable giant in the field of Native American Literary Theory. And, he is a very kind man on top of it all.
Jackson is still going strong at school, and Molly Ann is going to go to the school next year. I hope she does okay. She didn't do well at church last Sunday. I got buzzed out of church with an urgent page. I practically ran down the hall to see the nursery room attendant washing throw up off her sweater. She was pregnant. I felt awful. Like so bad for Molly Ann and so bad for the lady whom she threw up on.

2 Comments:

Blogger Margaret K said...

Great news on your thesis!

Not great news regarding the throw-up. I wonder how many posts you have had about throw-up? It seems like ya'll have had your fair share. Hope everyone is feeling better!

7:07 PM  
Blogger Amy C said...

I know you were sick if you had to miss school. I hope you have it all out of the was so you could enjoy the nice sunny days!

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home