Literatimommy

Monday, March 12, 2007

Frau And Senior McCormack: My Newest Dream

We dropped the kids off so I could get some school work done, and that means I got to go out to eat: YEAH!!! We went to Zios, and ate, and as we were leaving, we were just laughing like we did when we were newlyweds. I told Mike, after I finish my MA, let's both go back and get Spanish degrees and teach high school Spanish for a living. And, then Mike said, no you get your teaching certificate in German, and I'll get mine in Spanish, and we can be the whole foriegn language department in a small school. I thought that sounds like the coolest idea ever: I still do! We could take the kids to Europe: go to Barcelona, Seville, Munich and Frankfurt! It would be so cool. So, that is my new dream: to be Frau McCormack, and for Mike to be Senior McCormack. Anyway, I know it is crazy: it sounds like a Saturday Night Live skit! But, still, it makes me laugh to think of being Frau McCormack or Seniorita McCormack. Ahh, the crazy dreams God let's us have. I love it!

6 Comments:

Blogger Pearson Family said...

I thought I didn't see car seats in your car!@!!! SO fun! Love the idea!

8:12 PM  
Blogger Goose's Baby Mama said...

hmmm...I think i just learned what the word Frau means. I always thought it was a name (like Heidi or Ivanka). I have been referring to my car as Frau Beetle for the last year!! Which i guess isnt necessary wrong...but different than what I thought I was doing. Stupid Florida State education!!

Sounds like a fun idea. How about we scratch actually learning the language and just move there and teach THEM english (i'm inviting me and Cody)?

9:36 AM  
Blogger Amy C said...

I'm with goose!

7:16 PM  
Blogger 1literatimommy said...

Yes, let's go over and teach those euros english. we can get hints from JJ! calling your car Mrs. Beetle is totally acceptable, especially since you are sending her on your way.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Lisa Renee said...

you two are nutty!

3:09 PM  
Blogger amerriman said...

You must let us come travel with you when you take your kids. Would we be crazy taking 4 kids hiking through Spain? I think your plan sounds great!

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home