Literatimommy

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Botanical Garden Conservatory and Sickly, Freezing Easter


On Friday, the kids and I went to the botanical gardens in Fort Worth to tour what they call their conservatory, I call it a Rain Forrest! Fifty Cents gets you admission, and inside is a damp, misty miniature Amazon climate. Then, we met Mike for lunch. Molly started looking weird on Friday night, almost polka-dotty. In the morning, she was covered in red blotches: a quick trip to Mansfield later, and we found out she is allergic to amoxacillin. Jack coughed the whole way there, and needed two breathing treatments. Plus, it snowed the whole day we were in Granbury. My family always has a huge party for Easter, complete with Easter egg hunts for the kids and grown ups. I participated, in a huge way. While I was running to grab an Easter Egg, I wiped out on an icy patch on a walkway and bruised my shoulder, elbow, and knee, and mostly pride.
Cody and Nicole were there, and Goose is growing. Nicole is one of those beautiful pregnant people who just has a little bump, and still looks fabulous. She is very tall, so she is carrying all the baby weight in her stomach, not like me whom people assumed I had triplets, one in my belly and two in each butt cheek. Anyway, We got to see Sydney and Betty Sue, Cousins Cathie, Ava, Ian and Terry, and Dale and Kasey who are getting married in Honey Grove in June. Nana got real chickens, and it was exciting because there was a kitty who was stalking them. It was everybody's job to keep the chickens safe from Marcy, the cat. And, cousin Ava is the proud owner of a new puppy named Dash. It was a fun day. The kids are going to be okay, and I think I will be too. Happy Easter everyone. I hope it was a great day!

Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

Blogger Phillips Family said...

Hope y'all enjoyed IHOP this morning! When Tobe spotted you, he said, "There is that literate Mommy"...it took me a minute to figure out who he was talking about!

Happy Easter!

5:35 PM  
Blogger Pearson Family said...

Happy Easter! SNOW! Crazy!

6:44 PM  
Blogger Margaret K said...

Is that a life size bunny holding a pitchfork? Surely my eyes are deceiving me. Hope you feel better. I fall real well, too.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Lisa Renee said...

What great pictures! Man, you sure can tell which one is Cathy's!! She looks JUST LIKE HER! Same with Jack! Looking like you of course, that was worded a little weird. Glad you had a good time with your family. Happy Easter!

9:09 AM  
Blogger jenny biz said...

Looks like you guys had a fun day! Your kids are precious!

8:05 PM  
Blogger debrabain@sbcglobal.net said...

Wasn't it a GREAT Easter!!!!

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home